- Users have filed a class-action lawsuit against Apple, alleging that it limits peer-to-peer payment options and blocks crypto payment technology from iOS payment apps.
- The famous investment company Republic announced that it preferred the Avalanche (AVAX) blockchain for its new product. This product, called Republic Note, is known as a revenue-sharing tokenized security that gives its owners the opportunity to direct Republic’s investment portfolio.
- While negotiations continued between the USA and Binance to end the case, the US Department of Justice demanded $ 4 billion from Binance.
- Transaction fees on the Bitcoin network have surpassed Ethereum as Ordinals excitement has increased.
- ARK 21Shares has updated its spot Bitcoin ETF application.
- Tether has frozen USDT tokens worth approximately $225 million as part of an investigation launched by the US Department of Justice (DOJ) against a human trafficking organization in Southeast Asia.
- The problems between the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and the crypto exchange Kraken are being discussed again.
- In the statement made by the SEC, it was claimed that Kraken had illegally facilitated the trading of crypto asset securities since September 2018 and thus earned hundreds of millions of dollars.
- It is rumored that the SEC will sue Kraken after Coinbase and Binance exchanges.
- The market for a possible spot Bitcoin (BTC) ETF could potentially be worth $100 billion, according to Bloomberg Intelligence estimates.
- According to the report prepared by the digital asset platform Fineqia, products traded on the global cryptocurrency exchange (ETP) increased by 91 percent in 2023.
- According to Coindesk, Santander Private Banking International, which is part of Spain’s giant Banco Santander, is preparing to provide cryptocurrency trading and investment services for some of its customers in Switzerland.
- Global markets are trending positively. While the inflation and recession dilemma, which has been effective for a while, is gradually losing its effect on asset prices, it seems that the pricing in the markets has been positively affected.
- Analysts noted that the developments in the bond markets were effective in strengthening the risk appetite, and stated that the FED minutes to be announced today and the balance sheet of chip manufacturer Nvidia may bring dynamism to the markets.
- In the New York Stock Exchange, yesterday the Nasdaq index had its highest closing since July 31, while the S&P 500 index increased by 1.13 percent, the S&P 500 index increased by 0.74 percent and the Dow Jones index increased by 0.58 percent. Index futures contracts in the USA started the new day with an increase.
- While European stock markets showed a mixed trend yesterday, developments in China, one of Europe’s largest trading partners, continue to negatively affect asset prices.
- Yesterday, the DAX 40 index in Germany and the FTSE 100 index in the UK decreased by 0.11 percent, while the CAC 40 index in France increased by 0.18 percent and the MIB 30 index in Italy increased by 0.15 percent. Index futures contracts in Europe started the new day with a mixed course.
- While the People’s Bank of China (PBoC) continued to declare the parity supportive of the yuan, the dollar/yuan parity tested the lowest level since June 2 at 7.0837.
- A barrel of Brent oil is traded at $81.75 in international markets.
Technology and Stocks
- Aptos (APT), one of the Web3 projects, announced that it has established a partnership with Alibaba Cloud, the cloud solutions branch of the giant China-based company Alibaba.
- Microsoft and Nvidia shares hit all-time highs. Analysts attributed this rise in Microsoft shares to the hiring of former OpenAI CEO Sam Altman.