- The enforcement division of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) has issued a subpoena to PayPal regarding PayPal’s dollar stablecoin.
- FTX founder Sam Bankman-Fried was found guilty of all seven charges on trial in New York. SBF’s sentence will be announced on March 28, 2024.
- Ripple has been announced as the official technology partner of the National Bank of Georgia’s Digital GEL (Lari) Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) pilot project.
- Additionally, Ripple announced today that the Dubai Financial Services Authority (DFSA) has approved the digital asset XRP for use in the Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC).
- Former FTX and Alameda CEO Sam Bankman-Fried was found guilty on all seven counts of defrauding FTX customers, lenders and investors, Inner City Press reported.
- Injective integrated Kava to expand access to stable assets like USDT. This collaboration comes on the heels of Kava announcing that it will have the support of the Tether foundation to issue USDT locally within the broader Cosmos ecosystem.
- Former BitMEX CEO Arthur Hayes announced that he purchased SOL and spoke positively about the future of digital money.
- It was announced that the revenues of Coinbase, one of the largest crypto exchanges in the USA, were above expectations in the 3rd quarter, thanks to the impact of its partnership with Circle.
- The Render Foundation announced that it has successfully upgraded the Render Network’s core infrastructure from Ethereum to Solana. RNDR token holders can now migrate their tokens from the Ethereum blockchain to the Solana blockchain using the Upgrade Assistant at upgrade.rendernetwork.com.
- Bitcoin price dropped by 3.5 percent, falling below $35,000, with the concern created by BTC derivatives.
- Visa announced that it has successfully completed its Digital Hong Kong Dollar pilot program.
- ProShares’ new futures Ether ETF, launched on November 2, will begin trading on the New York Stock Exchange Arca under the symbol SETH, offering investors the opportunity to profit from Ether’s volatility.
- In September 2023, Tether invested a confidential amount in Bitcoin mining company Northern Data to support AI initiatives. Now they announced that they provided $610 million in debt financing to Northern Data.
- While a positive trend prevails in global markets, all eyes are on the non-agricultural employment reports to be announced at 15:30 Turkey time today.
- While a buying-oriented trend came to the fore in the bond markets due to the expectations that the US economy would make a soft landing and the prediction that the Fed’s interest rate increases have come to an end, the US 10-year bond interest rate decreased by approximately 8 basis points to 4.67 percent yesterday.
- Yesterday, in the New York Stock Exchange, the Dow Jones index rose by 1.7 percent, the S&P 500 index rose by 1.89 percent and the Nasdaq index rose by 1.78 percent. Index futures contracts in the USA started the new day with a mixed course.
- While a buying-oriented trend was prominent in the European stock markets yesterday, the Bank of England (BoE) left the policy rate constant at 5.25 percent yesterday.
- Yesterday, the DAX 40 index in Germany rose by 1.48 percent, the CAC 40 index in France rose by 1.85 percent, the FTSE 100 index in the UK rose by 1.42 percent and the MIB 30 index in Italy rose by 1.76 percent. Index futures contracts in Europe started the new day with an increase.
- While the positive trend in the USA carries over to Asian equity markets, the strengthening expectation that interest rate increases in the West are nearing an end has a positive impact, especially on technology companies in Asia.
- A barrel of Brent oil is traded at $87.06 in international markets.
Technology and Stocks
- While Apple was followed yesterday in the ongoing balance sheet season in the USA, the income of the technology giant in the July-September period decreased by approximately 1 percent on an annual basis to 89.5 billion dollars. Apple’s net profit increased by 10.8 percent in the July-September period, reaching 22.96 billion dollars.