- The peg crisis of Real USD (USDR), a dollar-pegged stablecoin, caused one trader to exchange 131,350 USDR for 0 USDC.
- The US Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) has filed a lawsuit against crypto lender Voyager Digital and the company’s former CEO, Stephen Ehrlich.
- The recent amendment to ARK Invest and 21Shares’ joint spot Bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) application is said to be close to approval, thanks to the progress.
- Coinbase sent a letter to the IRS (Internal Revenue Service) citing concerns regarding crypto tax requirements.
- Japan is preparing to issue a digital currency indexed to the Japanese yen. The issuers of the digital currency called DCJPY will be Japanese banks.
- Former Alameda Research CEO Ellison stated that he wanted to resign, but SBF did not accept it.
- Alameda Research lost approximately $190 million of its funds to FTX due to preventable fraud incidents.
- FTX hackers are making new transactions as the Sam Bankman-Fried case continues.
- On October 12, 72,500 Ether stolen from FTX comes to light for the first time since its exchange was hacked in November 2022, according to blockchain analysis company Elliptic.
- Platypus, known as the DeFi platform, was attacked for the third time in 2023 after the attacks worth 8.5 million and 157 thousand dollars in February and July, and lost a total of 2.2 million dollars.
- Boston Fed President Susan Collins reiterated her view that the Fed may have to raise interest rates again to return inflation to its 2 percent target. “I believe we may be at or very close to the top of this cycle, but I would not take further tightening off the table just yet.” he said.
- The inflation rate in the USA was announced as 3.7 percent annually and 0.3 percent monthly.
- Yesterday, the US 10-year bond rate increased by approximately 17 basis points and closed the day at 4.70 percent, while pricing in the money markets predicts that there is a 90 percent probability that the Fed will keep the policy rate constant next month.
- Yesterday, in the New York Stock Exchange, the Dow Jones index lost 0.51 percent, the S&P 500 index lost 0.62 percent and the Nasdaq index lost 0.63 percent. Index futures contracts in the USA started the new day with a buying-oriented trend.
- Today, all eyes are on the statements that ECB President Christine Lagarde will make at 16:00 Turkish time in Marrakech, Morocco, where the annual meetings of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World Bank are held.
- Yesterday, the DAX 40 index in Germany decreased by 0.23 percent and the CAC 40 index in France decreased by 0.37 percent, while the MIB 30 index in Italy increased by 0.26 percent and the FTSE 100 index in the UK increased by 0.32 percent. Index futures contracts in Europe started the new day with a decline.
- China’s total imports and exports of goods continued to improve in September, while trade volume reached the highest level in 2023 on a monthly basis.
- Today, the Kospi index in South Korea decreased by 0.95 percent to 2,456 points, and the Shanghai composite index in China decreased by 0.7 percent to 3,086 points.
- Israel-Hamas conflicts continue to raise oil prices. A barrel of Brent oil is traded at $86.97 in international markets.