- Yesterday, HTX (Huobi) exchange was hacked for 5000 ETH. Justin Sun, one of the partners of the exchange, who announced a loss of approximately 7.9 million dollars, announced that all lost assets were replaced and the losses were covered.
- MicroStrategy added another 5,445 BTC to its corporate treasury, bringing its total corporate treasury holdings to over 158,000.
- Crypto phenomenon Ben token founder “BitBoy” Armstrong was arrested after his live broadcast outside the home of his former business partner Carlos Diaz. Ben token dropped by 30%.
- A wallet associated with Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin sent approximately $600,000 worth of ETH to Coinbase.
- A new tension may arise between Coinbase and the SEC; The Celsius step brought the SEC and Coinbase into conflict again.
- The $200 million Mixin Network attack sparked controversy; It was announced that 50% of the 200 million dollars lost in the attack can be refunded for now.
- Those behind Hong Kong’s JPEX exchange scandal managed to evade authorities despite being detained for questioning in connection with the incident.
- Binance is preparing to partner with Japan’s largest bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking Corporation, to explore stablecoin issuance in Japan.
- Binance CEO Changpeng Zhao sent a sarcastic tweet to Justin Sun on X following the hack attack on Huobi (now known as HTX).
- Stating that most FED members think that another interest rate increase will be needed this year, Kashkari stated that he is one of these members.
- While 10-year US treasury bond yields were at the highest level in the last 16 years, the dollar index rose to its highest level since November 30, 2022, at 106.1.
- Yesterday in the New York Stock Exchange, the S&P 500 index gained 0.40 percent, the Nasdaq index gained 0.45 percent and the Dow Jones index gained 0.13 percent. Index futures contracts in the USA started the new day with a negative trend.
- European stock markets also followed a negative trend.
- Making a statement at the “Monetary Dialogue” session of the European Parliament (EP) Economic and Financial Affairs Committee held in Brussels, European Central Bank (ECB) President Christine Lagarde said that inflation continues to decline, but is still expected to remain high for a very long time.
- The US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced that Deutsche Bank’s asset management company, DWS, agreed to pay a $25 million penalty on charges of making misrepresentations regarding its environmental, social and governance investments and failing to develop policies to prevent money laundering.
Technology and Stocks
- After Evergrande, a Chinese real estate company in debt crisis, was not allowed to issue new debt bonds to regulate its payments, its subsidiary Hengda company failed to make its bond payments yesterday and Evangrande’s shares fell by 25%.