- Crypto data analysis company CryptoQuant wrote that if Bitcoin Spot Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) are approved, Bitcoin will become a $900 billion asset and the total crypto market will grow by $1 trillion.
- dYdX announced that it will transform into a public benefit company, Public Benefit Company (PBC), for its 4th version on October 18, 2023.
- The team behind stablecoin TrueUSD (TUSD) announced that some Know Your Customer (KYC) and transaction history data may have been leaked due to a compromise of one of TrueCoin’s third-party sellers.
- According to Whale Alert data, a Bitcoin whale transferred 2,832 Bitcoins from an unknown wallet to crypto exchange Coinbase.
- Hackers managed to steal at least $470,000 worth of BTC and $187,000 worth of ETH from the Fantom blockchain system.
- Refik Anadol’s NFT collection, created with the Yawanawá tribe in Brazil, generated $3.9 million in revenue within a week.
- It was announced that Roblox, an online gaming platform with more than 200 million monthly active users, has started accepting payments with XRP.
- With the proposed agreement, it is planned to refund customers $ 8.9 billion from FTX.com and $ 166 million from FTX.US.
- In its report, the Bank of Canada stated that the DeFi ecosystem has brought many innovations to the financial sector, but its use in traditional markets remains limited due to regulatory difficulties and security vulnerabilities.
- During the market turmoil following Cointelegraph’s erroneous report that the SEC had approved the Bitcoin Spot ETF, an unusual fluctuation in Arbitrum (ARB) altcoin network activity was observed.
- It was stated that Offchain Labs deposited 20 million ARB, equivalent to $16.24 million, to Coinbase for $0.812 around 18:00 UTC on October 16.
- Analysts stated that the signals to be received from the FED’s Beige Book Report, which will be announced in the USA today at 21:00 Turkey time, may affect the markets.
- Additionally, FED President Jerome Powell’s statements tomorrow will also be in the focus of investors.
- Yesterday, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict reached its most tense point. Israel committed a war crime by attacking a hospital in Palestine. After the attack, oil and gold reacted by rising.
- International credit rating agency Fitch Ratings announced that it has placed Israel’s credit rating on negative watch due to geopolitical risks.
- While retail sales in the USA were above expectations yesterday, inflation concerns remained strong. Retail sales in the country increased by 0.7 percent on a monthly basis in September, reaching 704.9 billion dollars.
- Industrial production in the USA increased by 0.3 percent on a monthly basis in September, exceeding expectations. Capacity utilization rate increased by 0.2 points to 79.7.
- The US 2-year bond interest is 5.20 percent and the 10-year bond interest is 4.83 percent, close to the peak of the last 16 years.
- While the Dow Jones index rose by 0.04 percent in the New York stock exchange yesterday, the S&P 500 index lost 0.01 percent and the Nasdaq index lost 0.25 percent. Index futures contracts in the USA started the new day with a sales-oriented trend.
- A buying-oriented trend came to the fore in European stock markets yesterday.
- According to data released today in the UK, the Consumer Price Index (CPI) exceeded expectations with a monthly increase of 0.5 percent and an annual increase of 6.7 percent in September.
- Yesterday, the DAX 40 index in Germany increased by 0.09 percent, the CAC 40 index in France increased by 0.11 percent and the FTSE 100 index in the UK increased by 0.58 percent, while the MIB 30 index in Italy gained 0.09 percent. Index futures contracts in Europe started the new day with a mixed course.
- While the Chinese economy grew by 4.9 percent in the third quarter of the year compared to the same period of 2022, exceeding expectations of 4.5 percent, industrial production in the country increased by 4.5 percent on an annual basis in September and retail sales increased by 5.5 percent, exceeding the predictions. .
- A barrel of Brent oil is traded at $91.33 in international markets.
Technology and Stocks
- While Bank of America’s share price increased by approximately 2 percent yesterday with its profit announcement above expectations, the balance sheets of more than 20 companies, especially Tesla, Procter & Gamble, Morgan Stanley and Netflix, are expected today.