- The Linear Finance Protocol was subject to an attack that resulted in the drain of all Liquity USD liquidity on both PancakeSwap and Ascendex, causing the Liquity USD price to drop to zero.
- In the hack that occurred yesterday, Linear Finance temporarily suspended liquidation for user account security while it investigates a suspected LUSD attack.
- Binance and its CEO Changpeng Zhao submitted a joint petition to the court, requesting the dismissal of the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) case filed against them.
- Crypto payment company Alchemy Pay announced that it has received a Money Transmission License in the US state of Arkansas.
- Busan, the second largest city in South Korea, continues its efforts to become a Blockchain City. It was claimed that the project planned for the blockchain city will end in 2026
- Insider information comes from Binance; it is claimed that the crypto exchange plans to delist the stablecoin on the European market by June 2024 to comply with MiCA standards.
- Galaxy Digital, like Ripple, continues to grow in Europe due to pressure from US financial regulators on crypto and strict regulatory conditions.
- Tether has started lending USDT stablecoin again to long-term customers. The company stated that it would reduce USDT-secured loans to zero in 2023.
- In the FTX case, the judges rejected Sam Bankman-Fried’s request for release. They also refused to admit some of SBF’s acquaintances to the court.
- Analysts stated that although the FED kept the policy rate constant in line with expectations, it signaled that it may increase interest rates for the rest of the year, and Fed Chairman Jerome Powell reminded that there is still a long way to go for inflation to approach the target.
- Following the US Federal Reserve (FED) and the Bank of England (BoE), the Bank of Japan (BoJ) did not change the policy rate and left it unchanged today.
- Yesterday in the New York Stock Exchange, the S&P 500 index lost 1.66 percent, the Nasdaq index lost 1.82 percent and the Dow Jones index lost 1.08 percent. Index futures contracts in the USA started the new day with a positive trend.
- Yesterday, the FTSE 100 index in England decreased by 0.69 percent, the CAC 40 index in France decreased by 1.59 percent, the MIB 30 index in Italy decreased by 1.78 percent and the DAX 40 index in Germany decreased by 1.33 percent. Index futures contracts in Europe started the new day with a positive trend.
- The Bank of Japan (BoJ) did not make any changes to its loose monetary policy, taking into account rising prices and high uncertainties regarding the domestic and global growth outlook.
- The price of Brent oil started to rise; It is traded at 93.78 USD in international markets.
Technology and Stocks
- After Australian media mogul Rupert Murdoch announced that he would resign as a manager at Fox and News Corporation, headquartered in New York, USA, Fox’s shares gained 3 percent and News Corporation’s shares gained 1.3 percent.
- After US-based network technologies company Cisco announced that it would acquire cybersecurity software company Splunk, its shares lost approximately 4 percent. Following news of the deal, Splunk’s shares rose nearly 21 percent.